The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I credential is designed for those who have knowledge, skills, and experience building custom declarative and programmatic applications on the Force.com platform.
Here are some examples of the concepts you should understand to pass the exam:
- Design the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom applications
- Develop custom applications using Apex and Visualforce
- Be familiar with the development lifecycle from development to testing, and have knowledge of the available environments
Recommended training for this certification
All proctored Salesforce certification exams can be scheduled as an onsite or online exam.
Quick facts about the exam:
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 105 minutes allotted to complete the exam
- 68% is the passing score
- Registration fee is USD 200
- Retake fee is USD 100
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam
- A full exam outline can be found in the Exam Guide