Structure, Tailoring and Basic Tuning for IBM i (OL23G)
Anyone who has responsibility for tuning and basic setup of OS/400.
Students should be able to to do the following:
- Start and Stop the Operating System
- Start and Stop subsystems
- Manage job, message and output queues
- Describe security concepts and create user profiles.
On completion, you will be able to :
- Manage jobs by modifying subsystem descriptions, controlling batch jobs and tailoring job descriptions.
- Create unique environments to run jobs.
- Tune the performance of the system using pools/activity levels, execution parameters and system values.
- This course covers :
- Creating subsystems: guidelines for pools,work entries, priorities. Basic system tuning WRKSYSSTS etc.
- Paging DB/ NDB faults, activity levels, dynamic tuner (QPFRADJ).
- Transferring to another subsystem, rerouting between pools.
- Key system values affecting performance.
- Managing storage, batch commands, synchronous and asynchronous I/O processing.
- Internal job structure.
- Task-dispatcher: active/ wait/ ineligible states, timeslice, PURGE-*YES/ *NO.
- Performance Advisor for basic tuning.
Dauer 2 Tage
Preis (exkl. MwSt.)
- 1.590,- €
Sprache der Kursunterlagen: Englisch