Who should attend
- Security, networking and cloud architects, administrators and operations staff who are Gigamon customers but new to Gigamon products
- Gigamon partners who focus on security and networking and who are using Gigamon products for the first time
Before attending this course, you should have an understanding of the following:
- Data security protection and prevention fundamentals
- Fundamentals of route switch technologies
After completing this course, you will understand:
- The different Gigamon product layers and how they function as part of a security solution
- How to plan for, and ultimately deploy, Gigamon products into your data center
- Different sources of traffic and how they impact your overall security solution
- How to install a new Gigamon GigaVUE® HC Series appliance into your network for the purpose of security monitoring
- How to create flow maps to help ensure that the right traffic gets to the right tool at the right time
- How to use GigaSMART features to improve your organization’s security posture
The Gigamon GigaSECURE® Security Delivery Platform is the essential element in your organization’s security strategy. The Gigamon Foundation course is the first building block in learning how to implement and configure the GigaSECURE platform in your enterprise.
Through comprehensive discussions, real-world use cases and practical hands-on labs, this course covers the foundational skills needed by security and network teams to understand how to initially configure Gigamon products and GigaSMART® features. The course will help you accelerate deployment and the expected ROI for security solutions that incorporate the GigaSECURE Security Delivery Platform.