This course provides participants with the knowledge and basic skills necessary to install, configure, maintain and monitor NetWorker. The course contains lectures, hands-on labs and video demonstrations to provide experience with specific concepts.
Who should attend
This course is intended for system administrators, partners, and software support specialists who install, configure and support NetWorker in Windows and Linux environments.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of:
- Backup and recovery concepts and principles
- Windows or Linux system administration
- Network administration in a TCP/IP environment
- SAN and storage device concepts
Completion of the NetWorker Fundamentals eLearning course is a prerequisite.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Install NetWorker and NetWorker Management Console
- Use NetWorker resources and administrative interfaces
- Configure and perform backup and restore operations
- Manage NetWorker media and devices
- Manage NetWorker databases
- Perform cloning and staging
- Generate NetWorker reports
- Describe how to back up Windows hosts for disaster recovery
- Explain how to configure NetWorker in a cluster environment
- Backup and recover the NetWorker Management Console and NetWorker servers