This course teaches participants how to build custom reports with Data Protection Advisor, using DPA data sources and external data sources, operators. Smart Groups and advanced analysis and rules are also covered. Prerequisite DPA implementation and management exposure is mandatory as this course takes a deeper dive into the custom reporting subject. EMC Online ILT is a real-time interactive training experience where students participate via the internet to access instructor-led lecture, discussion, questions and answers, and lab exercises. EMC Online ILT utilizes Voice-Over-IP for the audio portion of the training. A headset with microphone is REQUIRED to speak with the instructor and the rest of the class. Text communication is also available through the virtual classroom.
Who should attend
This course is intended for anyone who needs to build custom reports using Data Protection Advisor.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of Data Protection terminology, installation, administration, configuration and management prior to taking this class. A list of specific prerequisite courses can be found in EMC Education Services Learning Management System.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Create custom reports by modifying existing ones or working from scratch
- Describe the use of common operators and data sources
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
Module 1: Configuring Reports
- Lesson 1: DPA Reporting Review
- Lesson 2: Reviewing Report Categories
- Lesson 3: Modifying an Existing Report
- Lesson 4: Creating a Simple Report
Module 3: Customizing the Appearance of a Report
- Lesson 1: Common report appearance parameters
- Lesson 2: Table reports
- Lesson 3: Report Card reports
- Lesson 4: Health Status reports
- Lesson 5: Chart reports
- Lesson 6: Line reports
- Lesson 7: Column chart and stacked column chart reports
- Lesson 8: Timeline chart reports
- Lesson 9: Pie chart reports
- Lesson 10: Bullet chart reports
Module 4: Advanced Custom Reporting
- Lesson 1: Custom Reports Recommendations
- Lesson 2: Using Smart Groups
- Lesson 3: Advanced Analysis Engine
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes labs designed to allow practical experience for the participant.