This five-day course introduces students to the LoadRunner Professional 2020 application. The course coverstopics about the Virtual User Generator (VuGen), Controller, and Analysis tools. This course is designed to give you a foundation in basic load testing tasks. You create and run load test scenarios using the Controller.The Analysis tool is used to analyze load test results, and you learn to work with the graphs to display dataafter a test is executed. The hands-on labs are designed to provide you with the knowledge necessary tocreate scripts in VuGen, execute scenarios in the Controller, and view the results in the Analysis tool. Thecourse consists of focused, task-oriented lectures, text, and a series of detailed hands-on labs to teach thecourse material to the student.The hands-on labs use version 2020 of the software.
Who should attend
- Quality Assurance and Performance Engineers
- Users of LoadRunner Professional who need to create scripts to load test their web applications.
- Executives involved in any aspect of the load testing process
To be successful in this course, you should have the following prerequisites or knowledge
- Have working knowledge of Windows, Websites, and browsers
- Fundamental understanding of C programming is helpful, but not required.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the information that you need for load testing.
- Identify the components of the LoadRunner Professional (LRP) application
- Apply the recommended workflow to create a basic LRP scenario.
- Assign scripts, run-time settings, performance monitors, Load Generators (LGs), and Virtual User(Vusers) to a LRP scenario based on your load testing goals.
- Perform a load test on your application by running a scenario.
Module 1 – Course Overview
- Identify the contents and objectives of the course.
- Define the class schedule and class logistics.
- Identify the related courses.
- Discuss the lab environment details
Module 2 – Introduction to LoadRunner 2020
- Explain the need for load testing.
- Describe various types of performance test objectives.
- Identify the steps of the LoadRunner Professional (LRP) methodology
- Define a scenario in the context of LR.
- Identify strategies for creating effective scenarios
Module 3 – What’s New in LRP 2020
- Identify the key new features of LRP 2020.
- Explain the general improvements with VuGen 2020
Module 4 – Planning an Effective Load Test
- Define measurable goals for your load test.
- Gather preliminary information before load testing your system
- Organize system information effectively.
- Use gathered information to plan load tests
Module 5 – Installing LRP Components
- Describe the LRP architecture
- Determine where to install the LRP components.
- Identify the software and hardware required for installation.
- Troubleshoot LG connectivity issues.
- Configure the Network Virtualization (NV) settings
Module 6 – Introduction to Scenarios
- Describe the elements of a LR scenario.
- List the basic steps for creating a scenario.
- Configure an LG in the scenario
Module 7 – Using Run-Time Settings
- Define run-time settings for load testing.
- Describe the difference between run-time settings for scripts and scenarios.
- Configure run-time settings based on load testing goals
Module 8 – Scheduling Scenarios
- Define and configure scenario scheduling.
- Define scenario options.
- Define real-world schedule and basic schedule run modes.
- Manage schedules using the actions grid and the Interactive Schedule graph
- Stop a scenario
Module 9 – Using Performance Monitors
- Describe the value of performance monitors.
- Select performance monitors to achieve load test goals.
- Add measurements for performance-based goals
Module 10 – Running a Scenario
- Prepare for a scenario run.
- Define the scenario execution process.
- Identify the best practices for running a scenario effectively.
- Run a scenario