Who should attend
This lecture and exercise-based course is for individuals who are assessing and/or planning to deploy IBM System Storage networked storage virtualization solutions. Typical students may include: • Customers • Technical IBM personnel • Business Partner technical personnel • IT consultants and architects
- An understanding of the basic concepts of open systems disk storage system and I/O operations - we recommend the following:
- Foundations of Storage (SS00DG) or
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G) and
- IBM Flash Storage Fundamentals (SSFS1G / SSFS1WG)
IBM FlashSystem V9000 is a comprehensive all-flash enterprise storage solution that delivers the full capabilities of IBM FlashCore technology. FlashSystem V9000 offers a rich set of storage virtualization features designed to improve efficiency, management, scalability and flexibility for any storage environments. FlashSystem V9000 delivers industry-leading value to enterprises along three dimensions: Scalable Performance, Enduring Economics, and Agile Integration.
This course focuses on the planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the FlashSystem V9000 into the storage area network, and facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements.
It also explains how to:
• Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools using internal storage and SAN attached external heterogeneous storage. • Improve storage utilization effectiveness using Thin Provisioning and Real-Time Compression • Implement storage tiering and optimization of flash, enterprise or nealine systems usage with Easy Tier. • Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualization to the virtualized environment. • Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements.