Fundamental System Skills in Z/OS (ES10G)
Who should attend
This basic course is for IT personnel with a theoretical background of z/OS (for example, as taught in An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05G) and some general practical IT experience.
You should complete:
- An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES050) or equivalent on-the-job training
- Review the main concepts of z/OS
- Log on to TSO and start ISPF/PDF
- Navigate through ISPF/PDF dialogs and use the basic ISPF/PDF functions and the ISPF Editor
- Use ISPF/PDF to allocate data sets and edit data sets (including hierarchical file system (HFS) files) via the ISPF Editor primary and line commands
- Use ISPF to create and manipulate (copy, rename, delete, list, sort and merge) data sets
- Identify security considerations for Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS) data sets and HFS files
- Describe and use TSO/E commands
- Perform simple modifications to existing ISPF/PDF panels
- Invoke a REXX exec and TSO CLIST
- Tailor existing JCL and submit batch jobs
- Review job status and job output using SDSF
- Invoke UNIX processes
- Manipulate HFS directories and file systems using the UNIX System Services ISHELL
This course is designed to teach you the fundamental practical skills to navigate and work in a z/OS environment.
This includes the use of ISPF/PDF dialogs, TSO/E commands, JCL, UNIX System Services shell, and BookManager.
Dauer 4 Tage
Preis (exkl. MwSt.)
- 3.990,- €
Sprache der Kursunterlagen: Englisch