You have proven support skills with NetApp ONTAP and have experience supporting NetApp storage solutions. You are also able to perform general troubleshooting, root cause analysis, hardware replacement, system configuration, and software and firmware upgrades for NetApp storage solutions.
NCSE logos and certificates will be granted to those individuals who successfully pass the NetApp Certified Support Engineer (NS0-194) exam. Note: NS0-193 will be available until May 1st, 2020.
NS0-194 NetApp Certified Support Engineer
Candidates for NetApp Certified Support Engineer (NCSE) certification should have at least 6 to 12 months of experience with NetApp® solutions and technology, including on-site and remote support, general troubleshooting and root cause isolation, hardware replacement, documentation, node configuration, and software and firmware upgrades.
The NS0-194 exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 1-1/2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
- Describe disk or aggregate concepts
- Describe volume concepts
- Describe ONTAP networking concepts
- Describe how ONTAP interacts with external components
- Identify ONTAP logging mechanisms
- Describe supported ONTAP protocols
Troubleshooting NetApp Hardware and Software
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to collect and analyze information
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to troubleshoot data access problems
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to analyze performance
- Identify the FRUs in a NetApp system
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hardware replacement process
- Describe storage hardware technology
- Describe compute technology
NetApp Cloud Data Services
- Identify the components of cloud data services
- Identify the components of a hybrid cloud solution
- Identify data protection concepts
- Demonstrate knowledge of data protection operations
- Describe how to use Active IQ