This one-day course will cover using Power BI Desktop to import and shape data from a variety of sources. It will also walk through Power BI capabilities you can use to enhance the data model for your business users. The course covers key aspects of how to create a great data model to meet your business needs, various features in Power BI used to enhance data models so you can build great reports, and an introduction to DAX to create calculations. After completing this training, the attendees should be able to import data from a variety of data sources into Power BI, shape the data, create the data model, and write DAX functions to the Power BI model.
- Module 1: Getting and shaping the data
- Module 2: Basic Data Modeling
- Module 3: Getting started with M
- Module 4: Understanding Logic Operators
- Module 5: Introduction to DAX
- Module 6: Working with functions
- Module 7: Modeling with Power BI & DAX best practice Data Modeling