What skills do you need to deliver value in an Agile enterprise? The SAFe® Product Owner and SAFe® Product Manager (POPM) course covers the tactical responsibilities of these roles in the Agile Release Train (ART). The course and resulting certification give you the guidance and tools to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Learn how product owners and product managers should work together to achieve the best possible customer and business outcomes. The SAFe POPM course will teach you how to adopt a customer-centric approach to building products, using the Scaled Agile Framework® to deliver more value, faster. Topics covered in this course include the daily role of POs and PMs; collaborating with engineering teams and business stakeholders; how to write epics, features, and stories; and how to design, prioritize, build, test, and deliver products with increased productivity and higher quality.
Who should attend
Program or Project Manager, Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Business Analyst, Agile Coach, SAFe Program Consultant, Development Manager, CTO, Consultant, , Architect, Engineer, Director, Product Manager, Product Owner, Delivery Manager, Solution Train Engineer, Software Developer
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
- How to perform the role of a PO and a PM on a daily basis
- How to put the customer at the center of your design, build, and test process
- How to prepare for and lead PI Planning
- How to decompose Epics to Features and Features to Stories
- How to collaborate with Agile teams to forecast work
SAFe® POPM answers the questions:
- How do POs and PMs plan and execute work during a PI?
- How do I integrate a customer-centric mindset to deliver products customers want?
- How do you connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles?
- Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise
- Preparing for PI Planning
- Leading PI Planning
- Executing Iterations
- Executing the PI
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
What Attendees Get
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help you prepare to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe Studio with your first class attendance
- Product Management Video playlist and customer research tools to support product owners in their role
- Platform access to e-learning modules and curated members-only content to support your SAFe transformation
- Member discussion forms to engage in ongoing conversations on the SAFe framework or how to better perform as part of an Agile Team
- Curated content-playlists based on your interests and roles, including templated resources and facilitation guides to get you started
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification exam
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager is to attend the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam – or – SAFe® 6 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 80%
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs US$ 50.—.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. All subsequent retakes require a 30-day wait.