Design, build, and deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288) teaches you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster
Whether you are migrating existing applications or writing container-native applications, you will learn how to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform, a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.
Who should attend
- Enterprise application developers
- DevOps site reliability engineers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Have completed the Red Hat OpenShift Administration I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
Impact on the organization
This course provides application developers with the essential skills to design, build, and deploy containerized applications, whether they are migrating existing applications to OpenShift, or creating new cloud-native applications. It provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by demonstrating the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture.
As developers seek ways to improve application time to market for minimum viable products, containers and OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. A container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, improves application reliability and scalability while decreasing developer overhead and facilitating continuous deployment.
Impact on the individual
You will learn about the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You will acquire these skills:
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and use Source-to-Image builds.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.
Follow On Courses
- Design containerized applications for OpenShift.
- Manage and trigger application builds using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Customize an existing source-to-image base image.
- Deploy multi-container applications using Helm Charts.
- Create health checks to monitor and improve application reliability.
- Create and deploy cloud-native applications on OpenShift.