The Implementing Cisco Service Provider VPN Services (SPVI) v1.0 course prepares you to manage end-customer Virtual Private Network (VPN) environments built over a common service provider Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) backbone. You will complete hands-on labs to reinforce MPLS VPN fundamental concepts, benefits, and classification, MPLS components, MPLS control plane and data plane operations, MPLS VPN routing using Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), Layer 2 and Layer 3 MPLS VPNs, IPv6 MPLS VPN implementations, IP Multicast VPNs, and shared services VPNs. The course also covers solutions for deploying MPLS VPN crossing multiple Service Provider domains that improve the use of network bandwidth.
This course prepares you for the 300-515 Implementing Cisco® Service Provider VPN Services (SPVI) exam. By passing this exam, you earn the Cisco Certified Specialist - Service Provider VPN Services Implementation certification, and you satisfy the concentration exam requirement for the CCNP® Service Provider certification.
What to expect in the exam
The 300-515 SPVI exam certifies your knowledge of implementing service provider VPN services including Layer 2, Layer 3, and IPv6. After you pass 300-515 SPVI, you earn the Cisco Certified Specialist - Service Provider VPN Services Implementation certification, and you satisfy the concentration exam requirement for the CCNP Service Provider certification.
Who should attend
This course is for network professionals who need to learn the techniques to implement, configure, monitor, and support Service Provider VPN solutions based on MPLS backbones.
- Network administrators
- Network engineers
- Network supervisors
- Network managers
- Network Operations Center (NOC) personnel
- Network designers
- Network architects
- Channel partners
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Before taking this course, you should have Service Provider knowledge at the professional level.
In the new certification program, foundational material is covered in these courses:
This course will help you:
- Gain valuable skills in reinforcing MPLS VPN fundamental concepts, benefits, and classifications
- Learn to configure optional paths for traffic to avoid network congestion
- Prepare to take the 300-515 SPVI exam
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe VPN concepts and operation in a Service Provider environment
- Implement Layer 3 MPLS VPN operations in a Service Provider environment
- Implement Layer 3 Inter-domain MPLS VPN services traversing multiple Service Providers
- Implement Layer 3 Multicast MPLS VPN operations in a Service Provider environment
- Troubleshoot typical issues in Layer 3 MPLS VPN environments
- Implement Layer 2 VPN operations in a Service Provider environment
- Troubleshoot Layer 2 VPN issues in a Service Provider network
- Implement MPLS VPN solutions for IPv6 environments
- Troubleshoot MPLS VPN solutions for IPv6 environments