This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL Server database infrastructure for cloud, on-premises and hybrid relational databases and who work with the Microsoft PaaS relational database offerings. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL-based relational databases.
Who should attend
The audience for this course is data professionals managing data and databases who want to learn about administering the data platform technologies that are available on Microsoft Azure. This course is also valuable for data architects and application developers who need to understand what technologies are available for the data platform with Azure and how to work with those technologies through applications.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Successful Azure Database Administrators start this role with professional experience in database management and technical knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Working with, maintaining, and developing with SQL Server
- Experience with Azure, such as deploying and managing resources
At a minimum, you should know the information in the following online training before attending the course:
- Plan, deploy and configure Azure SQL offerings
- Monitor database performance and tune a database and queries for optimum performance
- Plan and configure a High Availability Solution
- Introduction to Azure Database Administration
- Plan and Implement Data Platform Resources
- Implement a Secure Environment for a Database Service
- Monitor and Optimize Operational Resources
- Optimize Query Performance
- Automate database tasks
- Plan and Implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solution