The Cisco IOS XR Software Essentials (ISOXRE) training introduces you to the essential features and functions of the Cisco IOS XR Software operating system that powers many Cisco products. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on lab exercises, you will gain an understanding of all major aspects of the operating system including the architecture, installation and upgrade, automatic provisioning, and using the software command-line interface (CLI). You will also learn how to implement essential software services including system security, logging, timing and synchronization, AAA services, and how to use modular QoS. In addition, you will learn how to implement basic routing and forwarding using Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). Finally, you will learn how to implement and use programmability and monitoring features including Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), telemetry, process monitoring, and IOS XR programmability.
How You'll Benefit
This training will help you:
- Learn how to describe and implement fundamental concepts and configurations on Cisco IOS XR Software.
- Gain leading-edge skills for high-demand responsibilities focused on software services.
- Earn 24 CE credits toward recertification.
Who should attend
- Network Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- Network Administrators
- Network Managers
- Network Designers
The knowledge and skills you are expected to have before attending this course are:
- Experience working with CLI-based network devices
- Knowledge of general routing concepts
These skills can be found in the following Cisco Learning Offering:
- Describe Cisco IOS XR Software architecture
- Explain how to install Cisco IOS XR Software packages
- Describe how to provision network devices by using zero touch provisioning
- Describe how to perform initial configurations on a Cisco IOS XR router
- Recognize, implement, and manage system security features within Cisco IOS XR Software systems, ensuring the protection of network infrastructure and data
- Monitor device performance through CLI and logging services
- Describe the methods and protocols for establishing timing and synchronization on Cisco IOS XR router platforms
- Describe the operation of Cisco IOS XR AAA Software services, task-based security mechanisms and user security policies
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco IOS XR Software AAA services in a network environment
- Recognize how to implement QoS in various scenarios and environments, including Cisco IOS XR Software and a service provider environment
- Define the Cisco IOS XR implementation requirements for deploying common routing protocols and managing the Routing Information Base, Route Policy, forwarding, and load balancing mechanisms
- Implement and configure MPLS and describe MPLS label propagation in service provider networks
- Configure SNMP in Cisco IOS XR Software environments for optimum performance and efficient management of network resources
- Describe the programmable features of Cisco IOS XR Software
- Comprehend and implement model-driven telemetry for enhanced network visibility and management
- Describe the application hosting architecture and how to deploy a third-party application on a Cisco IOS XR router
- Illustrate how to efficiently monitor processes using process monitoring concepts and tools such as employing the monitor processes command to track and manage system activities