Attend Service Portal Fundamentals to learn how to create Service Portals that offer users an intuitive and delightful experience when accessing an organizations services online. A Service Portal provides an alternative user experience to the standard platform interface. The Service Portal application offers the tools needed to configure, customize, and extend portal components to create an online experience similar to what your users are used to in other consumer products.
During this two day interactive training course you learn how to use the Service Portal application to configure, customize, and extend components to create a Service Portal in your own student instance; a safe sandbox.
Important notes for the booking of ServiceNow trainings
- 1. So that we can finally process your registration, you will receive an enrollment request after booking the course. Please carry out the enrollment immediately, at the latest three working days before the start of the course, according to the following instructions at ServiceNow:
Enrol for Instructor Led Training using Learning Credits
- Please note that we must receive short-term bookings no later than five working days before the course begins.
- If you are unable to attend the training date you have booked (e.g. illness, etc.) or if ServiceNow cancels the course, a credit note is not possible under any circumstances. If you cancel, you can name a replacement person. In both cases of cancellation, the validity of your credit remains for 12 months after the order.
For more information, please refer to the ServiceNow Terms and Conditions..
Completion of the ServiceNow System Administration course with 6+ months of hands-on administration experience.
Although all scripts are provided for lab exercises, participants will find them easier to interpret and read if they have a basic understanding of:
- Scripting in ServiceNow
How to create well-designed Service Portals for your organization s online services
- Explore all aspects of the Service Portal application
- Learn how to reconfigure an existing portal
- Review the Service Portal framework
- Create new Service Portals, Themes, Pages, and Menus
- Understand how to use and create Widgets
- Re-use existing Portal components
- Explore Service Portal search capabilities
- Configure other aspects of the platform to enhance a Service Portal
- Create a Guided Tour within a Service Portal
These objectives are achieved through a combination of demos, lecture, and group discussions. Lab exercises woven throughout the class walk you through building your own Service Portal from scratch.