The SAFe® Scrum Master course equips attendees to coach Agile teams to deliver business value at scale. The course teaches you the tactical skills needed to be an effective Scrum Master in a SAFe organization. It also gives you the guidance and tools necessary for working in remote environments with distributed teams.
If you want to become a certified scrum master with the skills to help leading companies succeed with Agile and scrum, the SAFe® Scrum Master course is for you. Learn how scrum masters empower and lead Agile teams. Understand how to facilitate Agile events like iteration planning, team sync, and iteration retrospectives. And discover how to help teams plan and complete their work using SAFe Scrum and SAFe Kanban. You’ll also learn the principles of servant leadership, so you can help develop high-performing, engaged, continuously improving teams in your own organization.
Who should attend
Intended for people new to the role of Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New or existing Scrum Masters
- Team Leads
- Release Train Engineers
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
After taking the course, you’ll know how to:
- Empower and lead an Agile team
- Facilitate Agile events like iteration planning, team sync, and iteration retrospectives
- Help teams plan and complete their work
- You’ll also learn the principles of servant leadership, which are crucial for key SAFe team roles. These skills will enable you to develop high-performing, engaged, and continuously improving teams in your own organization.
- How to facilitate Scrum events
- How to support PI execution
- How to coach teams to improve constantly
- How to implement DevOps for continuous flow and delivery
SAFe® Scrum Master answers the questions:
- How do Scrum Masters facilitate planning and execution of work during a PI?
- How do you coach and lead Agile teams inside a SAFe enterprise?
- How do you become a servant leader to build a high-performing team?
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help prepare you to take the certification exam, claim their digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe® Studio with your first class attendance
- Team Event Facilitator Guides
- Online collaboration templates for all SAFe team events
- Toolkits to help prepare and execute PI Planning
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Scrum Master certification exam