The RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux® administration. This course combinesand , reviewing the tasks at an accelerated pace.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 9.0.
Who should attend
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
This course is part of the following Certifications:
You will be expected to already understand fundamental Linux computing concepts and be ready to practice the Red Hat Enterprise Linux methods for performing system administration tasks. Significant field experience working with Linux as a system administrator is recommended.
If you do not have experience with fundamental Linux computer concepts, we advise you to start with the Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) course instead.
This course is intended to develop the skills needed for basic administration and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, introducing key command line concepts and enterprise-level tools and laying the foundation for the rapid deployment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The curriculum also introduces the basic administration skills needed for resolving configuration issues and integrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with other existing environments.
This course establishes secure user and group administration and allows administrators to use available storage solutions more efficiently and securely. The rapid pace can quickly turn a computer professional with basic knowledge of Linux into a fully capable Linux administrator.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to perform essential Linux system administration tasks, including establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and executing basic security administration.
- Package management with new repository structure and appstream modules
- Create storage devices, volumes, and file systems, including Stratis storage management
- Configure network services and security
- Manage processes, scheduling, and tuning
- Manage users, groups, and authentication
- Perform server management with the Cockpit web management utility
- Troubleshoot and obtain support
- Run containers