Focuses on the key tasks needed to become a full time Linux administrator.
The course goes deeper into core Linux system administration skills in storage configuration and management, installation and deployment of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, management of security features such as SELinux, control of recurring system tasks, management of the boot process and troubleshooting, basic system tuning, and command-line automation and productivity.
Experienced Linux administrators looking for rapid preparation for the RHCSA certification should instead start with. The is included in this offering, which is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.0.
Note on the exam:
Cancelations of the purchase: Cancelation of individual exam sessions is not allowed. Exam session fees are nonrefundable. Non-Cancelable components: No part of any Bundles that includes both non-cancelable and cancelable components may be canceled.
Who should attend
This offering is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Successful completion ofis recommended. Experienced Linux administrators seeking to accelerate their path toward becoming a Red Hat Certified System Administrator should start with the .
Impact on the organization
This offering provides your team members with a solid foundation in Linux system administration, helping ensure improved ability to manage your infrastructure efficiently. These skills can help improve system reliability and storage utilization efficiency, while making responsiveness to system failures faster and more accurate. This offering is the second of a two-part series that takes a computer professional from minimal Linux experience to being a fully capable Linux administrator.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of completing this offering, you should be able to perform and validate the key tasks needed to become a full-time Linux administrator. You will be introduced to more advanced administrative topics, such as storage management using LVM, SELinux management, and automated installation. This offering goes deeper into enterprise Linux administration, including file systems and partitioning, logical volumes, SELinux, firewall configuration, and troubleshooting.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
- Manage file systems and logical volumes
- Manage scheduled jobs
- Access network file systems
- Manage SELinux
- Control firewalls
- Perform troubleshooting tasks
Follow On Courses
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux using scalable methods
- Access security files, file systems, and networks
- Execute shell scripting and automation techniques
- Manage storage devices, logical volumes, and file systems
- Manage security and system access
- Control the boot process and system services