Build, expand and maintain cloud-scale, clustered storage for your applications with Red Hat Ceph Storage
Cloud Storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage with exam (CL261) is designed for storage administrators and cloud operators who deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage in a production data center environment or as a component of a Red Hat OpenStack Platform or OpenShift Container Platform infrastructure. Learn how to deploy, manage, and scale a Ceph storage cluster to provide hybrid storage resources, including Amazon S3 and OpenStack Swift-compatible object storage, Ceph-native and iSCSI-based block storage, and shared file storage.
Theexam is included in this offering. This course is based on Red Hat Ceph Storage version 5.0.
Note on the exam:
Cancelations of the purchase: Cancelation of individual exam sessions is not allowed. Exam session fees are nonrefundable. Non-Cancelable components: No part of any Bundles that includes both non-cancelable and cancelable components may be canceled.
Who should attend
- This course is intended for storage administrators and cloud operators who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage on servers in an enterprise data center or within a Red Hat OpenStack Platform or OpenShift Container Platform environment.
- Developers writing applications that use cloud-based storage will learn the distinctions of various storage types and client access methods.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification, or equivalent experience.
- Some experience with storage administration is recommended but not required.
Impact on the organization
Reliable and performant data storage is a critical component for enterprise application and infrastructure solutions. Software-defined storage offers organizations the flexibility to grow their data storage requirements while enabling applications to operate at cloud-scale. Red Hat Ceph Storage leverages commodity hardware to create distributed and scalable storage volumes that are both fault-tolerant and provide access via object, block, and file data levels. Successful planning, deployment and operation of a storage cluster can be achieved through completion of Cloud Storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage course.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students will be able to deploy, operate, and manage a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster. Students will learn why Red Hat Ceph Storage is the standard, integrated cloud storage solution for Red Hat Cloud Platforms. Developer students will learn to implement each available storage type and method offered by Red Hat Ceph Storage, and be able to choose the correct type and method for their enterprise storage scenarios and applications. Administrators and operators will be able to perform Ceph cluster management, including configuration, daily operations, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and scaling.
- Deploy and manage a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster on commodity servers.
- Perform common management operations using the web-based management interface.
- Create, expand, and control access to storage pools provided by the Ceph cluster.
- Access Red Hat Ceph Storage from clients using object, block, and file-based methods.
- Analyze and tune Red Hat Ceph Storage performance.
- Integrate Red Hat OpenStack Platform image, object, block, and file storage with a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
- Integrate OpenShift Container Platform with a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.