Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 10.0: Advanced Administration course. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, security, disaster recovery, application, and database protection on physical and virtual machines, and protecting data backed up to and from the cloud.
This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Cassandra, and Hadoop backups and restores along with other modern workloads like containerized applications, and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor. NetBackup APIs, Parallel Streaming Framework, Universal Shares, Bare Metal Restore, and NetBackup MSDP Cloud are also discussed in this course.
Who should attend
This course is intended for NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration and development staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup 10.0 features and functionality.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Ensure that your NetBackup environment and data are secure using NetBackup security features.
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancement features.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using NetBackup MSDP cloud.
- Improve deduplication backup performance and optimize deduplication restores and rehydration.
- Protect and recover the MSDP catalog,
- Configure Universal Shares and back up to Universal Shares.
- Configure a Build-Your-Own server for Universal Shares.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft
- Configure and protect containerized applications in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Use NetBackup to protect Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor workloads.
- Protect in-cloud workloads using NetBackup and orchestrate restores of NetBackup images.
- Work with NetBackup APIs.
- Configure and use Bare Metal Restore.
- Protect databases using NetBackup XBSA.
- Protect Cassandra Data
- Work with Legacy Policies and Generic Application Backups.
- Securing Backup Data
- Improving NetBackup Performance
- Configuring and Using NetBackup MSDP Cloud
- Managing and Optimizing NetBackup Deduplication
- Protecting Application Data with Universal Shares
- Protecting Oracle Databases
- Protecting Microsoft SQL Databases
- Protecting Microsoft Exchange
- Protecting Hadoop Data Using NetBackup
- Protecting Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor Workloads
- Protecting In-cloud Workloads Using NetBackup
- Protecting Containerized Applications
- Orchestrating Restores of NetBackup Images
- Appendix A: Protecting Cassandra Data
- Appendix B: Configuring and Using Bare Metal Restore
- Appendix C: Working with Legacy Policies and Generic Application Backups
- Appendix D: Protecting Microsoft SharePoint
- Appendix E: Working with NetBackup APIs
- Appendix F: Protecting Databases Using NetBackup XBSA