Choosing the right type of licence is of immense importance for the company in order to avoid both economic and legal risks. Knowing the legal principles of licensing law is therefore essential.
In order to create a solid foundation, especially with regard to the legal aspects of licensing, the course starts with introducing a strategic approach for preparing and signing optimized software license agreements. In particular, after defining the needs of companies, indications are given for the preparation of contract negotiations in order to influence the conclusion of license agreements to the licensee’s advantage .
The second part of the course deals with the execution of license agreements in the context of operational license and contract management. In addition to legal aspects regarding the execution of such a contract, the focus is primarily on the organizational measures required for the execution of software license agreements in compliance with the contract.
Who should attend
The course is aimed at people who are or will be involved in the procurement of software and the management of such contracts as part of their job.
Good basic knowledge of IT and software licensing law as well as experience in handling contracts.
After the training, you will have a profound knowledge of software license agreements, the different licensing models and the particularities of cloud computing. You will be able to recognize the appropriate criteria for selecting suitable software license agreements and develop a decision matrix of recommended actions for the management board. You will learn about the German General Terms and Conditions Law and other important legal aspects at first hand. In negotiations, you as a licensee are thus on an equal footing with your negotiating partner!
- Essential software license agreements - an overview
- Typical licensing models - an overview
- Criteria for selecting suitable software license agreements
- Harmonizing software license agreements
- Mergers & Acquisitions -Effects on software license agreements
- Initialization of software license agreements in agroup
- Typical clauses of software licence agreements
- Implementation of a negotiation team
- Preparation of contract negotiations
- Advice and known stumbling blocks
- Ensuring license compliance
- OSS compliance in particular
- Software license audits
- Stakeholder analysis in a group
- Quality assurance measures
- Reporting - management involvement
- Contract management tools
- Product portfolio and lifecycle management