Learn the official contents of the DevOps Fundamentals and DevOps Leadership in this 5 day compact course and prepare perfectly for the exams.
You will first learn the basics with the DevOps Fundamentals and then what it means to be a leader in managing the DevOps transformation in a company. You will prepare yourself optimally for the exams that take place during the training. With the successful exam you will receive the DevOps Fundamentals and the DevOps Leadership Certificate.
Who should attend
The DevOps Compact is aimed at people working in IT development, IT operations or IT service management or people whose role is affected by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as DevOps Engineers, Product Owners, Integration Specialists, Operations Managers, Incident and Change Managers, System Administrators, Network Administrators, Business Managers, Automation Architects, Enterprise Architects.
You need no previous knowledge to participate in the DevOps Fundamentals training. All necessary contents are communicated during the training.
With the knowledge acquired in the course, you will build up the following understanding and be able to apply the following points in practice:
- The importance of the DevOps culture and the aspects that can influence it.
- Why courage, team building, leadership and continuous improvement are essential in a DevOps environment.
- Why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty and experimentation.
- Identify and evaluate different behaviour patterns in a DevOps environment.
- Identifying signals that indicate obstacles and/or team malfunctions.
- How to build good DevOps teams and evaluate their maturity level.
- Recognising the effects of luck and motivation on team performance.
- Identify how managers encourage feedback and transparency.
- Discuss the factors that can influence managers to build trust.
- Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
- Applying typical tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, story mapping sessions and retrospectives.
The training consists of the contents of the DevOps Fundamentals and the DevOps Leadership
- The history and necessity of DevOps
- The key concepts of DevOps
- Business value of DevOps
- The concepts that C.A.L.M.S. underlying C.A.L.M.S.
- The DevOps culture, transformative leadership and DevOps structure and team building
- Development of DevOps practices and the 15 key practices of DevOps
- Agile project management and Scrum methodology
- Key concepts of cloud technology and virtualisation, deployment pipeline automation and architecture for continuous deployment
- Audit preparation and review
- What is leadership and what is leadership for DevOps?
- How to lead an organisation through a DevOps transformation.
- Ascertain the urgency of DevOps
- Clarifying and agreeing on business objectives
- Developing a vision and strategy for the transformation
- Identifying and influencing key stakeholders
- Lead a culture of self-organised cross-functional teams
- Collect, transfer and implement feedback
- Break work down into iterations to accelerate learning and experimentation
- Leadership for continuous delivery and a culture of continuous improvement
- Innovation advantage - improving organisational resilience and sustainability
This training is provided by our partner Serview. Serview is a PeopleCert accredited training organization.