Building Lenses, Dashboards, and Apps in the Analytics Cloud (ANC201)
Ready to start building in Salesforce Analytics Cloud? In this course, you’ll find out how to design and create an effective dashboard layout to help explorers quickly find their way around. You’ll learn how to build lenses and “clip” them into your dashboards to create selectors, filters, and widgets, and how to create a faceted dashboard which automatically updates as explorers interact with it. You’ll also learn how to organize your lenses and dashboards using apps and ensure that only the right users have access to them.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at users with the Analytics Cloud Builder license who need to build effective lenses and dashboards for their business users to explore their data. It may also be of interest to Builder users who are connecting and integrating this data, to understand how it is used in the lens and dashboard building process.
When you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Build and manage apps in the Analytics Cloud.
- Design a dashboard based on requirements, and create a dashboard layout.
- Create and clip lenses to build a dashboard.
- Upload and explore your own external data.
- Understand what advanced customizations can be made through a dashboard’s JSON file.
Managing Apps, Lenses, and Dashboards
- Explain what an app is
- Build an app and share it with users
- Manage apps, lenses, and dashboards
Designing a Dashboard and Creating a Layout
- Explain what a dashboard is
- Understand the different types of dashboard widgets
- Design a dashboard from a set of requirements
- Create a dashboard layout
Clipping Lenses and Building a Dashboard
- Understand the clipping process
- Create and clip lenses to build a dashboard
- Understand and set dashboard widget properties
- Save a dashboard in an app
An Introduction to JSON for Dashboards
- Understand the purpose of a dashboard’s JSON file
- Describe the advanced customizations that can be made through a dashboard’s JSON file
- Design and build a dashboard based on a set of requirements
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.