Cloud-native Integration with Red Hat Fuse (AD221)
Red Hat Fuse, based on the Apache Camel project, is a lightweight, flexible integration platform that enables rapid integration of cloud-native applications, both on-premise and in the cloud.
Camel development is organized around:
- Routes that define a sequence or flow of processing.
- Processors that transform, interpret, and modify messages within a Camel route.
- Components that enable the creation of endpoints that interact with the outside world for acquiring and transmitting data.
Cloud-native Integration with Red Hat Fuse (AD221) emphasizes learning architectural patterns and implementing integration services based on Apache Camel and OpenShift. Camel and Red Hat Fuse enable developers to create complex integrations in a simple and maintainable format. You will learn how to use the most common integration components in Camel and develop, test, and deploy integration focused applications on OpenShift. This course is based on Red Hat Fuse 7.10 and OpenShift 4.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Java developers focused on implementing integration solutions in an enterprise.
- Experience with Java application development or Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (AD183).
- Be proficient in using an IDE such as Visual Studio Code.
- Experience with Maven and version control is recommended, but not required.
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift or Introduction to OpenShift Applications (DO101) is recommended, but not required.
Impact on the organization
Accelerate cloud-native integration with Red Hat Fuse and Camel, resulting in less development time spent maintaining and designing integration solutions with enterprise patterns.
Impact on the Individual
As a result of taking this course, you will have a strong understanding of fundamental Camel concepts, commonly used Camel components and their configurations, and Camel deployment options. You will also develop a thorough grasp of enterprise integration patterns to solve integration problems.
You will be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Develop Camel routes to integrate systems such as JMS, FTP, Databases, and REST services.
- Filter and transform messages to create integration routes that are highly reliable.
- Develop tests and use mock components to thoroughly test routes.
- Create reliable routes by implementing transactional routes that prevent data loss.
- Deploy Camel routes to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Recommended next exam or course
Recommended for Developers:
- Red Hat Cloud-native Microservices Development with Quarkus (DO378)
- Developing Event-Driven Applications with Apache Kafka and Red Hat AMQ Streams (AD482)
Recommended for Site Reliability Engineers or Administrators:
- Build and Administer APIs with Red Hat 3scale API Management (DO240)
- Red Hat JBoss AMQ Administration (AD440)
- Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180)
- Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288)
- Building Resilient Microservices with Istio and Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh | DO328
- Deploy Fuse applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Implement REST APIs with the Camel REST DSL
- Implement unit tests, error handling, and mocks for Camel routes
- Implement Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP) using Camel components
- Integrate Camel applications with a database
- Integrate Camel applications with Apache Kafka
- Integrate Cloud-native services using Camel K
- Consume REST services using the Camel HTTP componen
Duration 3 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Germany: 2,583.— €
- Switzerland: 2,583.— €
Subscription duration 90 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Germany: 2,196.— €
- Switzerland: 2,196.— €
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.