This one-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with the Junos OS Evolved. The Junos OS has evolved since its creation in order to leverage advanced operating system and platform technologies. As it has evolved, key fundamental concepts have changed, and continue to change, in how the operating system functions and is used by administrators. This course explains the key changes to the operating system and how it interacts with routing and switching platforms, and how the configuration and administrative tasks performed on Junos OS Evolved differ from Junos OS configuration and administrative tasks. Through demonstrations and one hands-on lab, students will gain experience with features of each of these devices. This course is based on QFX/PTX Release 19.4.
Who should attend
The Introduction to Junos OS Evolved (IJE) course benefits individuals responsible for working with Junos OS Evolved.
Intermediate knowledge of Junos OS configurationand troubleshooting
- Identify key differences between Junos software architecture and Junos OSEvolved software architecture.
- Describe deployment scenarios for Junos OS Evolved.
- Explain the modular architecture of Junos OS Evolved.
- Describe key operational differences between Junos OS and Junos OSEvolved.
- Identify key configuration changes.
- Explain key troubleshooting changes.
2 Evolution of Junos
- Junos OS
- Junos OS Evolved
3 Junos OS Evolved Software Architecture
- Junos OS Evolved Component
- Junos OS Evolved Software Upgrade
- Junos OS Evolved Software Monitoring and Tracing
4 Junos OS Evolved Containers
- Container Fundamentals
- Container Support in Junos OS Evolved
- Deploying Containers in Junos OS Evolved
- LAB 1: Junos OS Evolved