This course assists you to successfully install, manage, and troubleshoot Dell PowerEdge servers providing best practice information consisting of instructor-led training and hands-on activities.
This three-day course is part of the recommended training path leading to the Dell Technologies specialist certification for PowerEdge Implementation Engineers.
Who should attend
This course is intended for System Administrators and others who install, configure, and manage, and troubleshoot Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack and Tower products.
Suggested prerequisite courses:
- Dell EMC PowerEdge Server Concepts
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of key server components.
- Identify hot swap components.
- Identify Boot Mode and Boot Order.
- Describe the role and features of the iDRAC9 and Lifecycle Controller.
- Access and navigate the iDRAC9 and Lifecycle Controller user interfaces to configure and manage PowerEdge servers.
- Configure RAID storage using the iDRAC user interface, the System Set up utility, and OMSA.
- Retrieve the hardware inventory using the Lifecycle Controller.
- Configure the Parts Replacement settings.
- Backup and restore the server profile.
- Update component firmware.
- Perform SupportAssist Collections using both the iDRAC9 and SupportAssist Enterprise.
- Install OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) and the iDRAC Service Module (iSM).
- Use the iDRAC to validate hardware health status.
- Troubleshoot system issues using available diagnostic tools.
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
- Server Form Factors
- Specifications, Chassis Views and Options
- Processors and Memory
- Power and Cooling
- Expansion and Networking
Server Management and Configuration Tools
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 8
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9
- Lifecycle Controller
- Unified Extensible Firmware Interface
Server Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Guidelines and Indicators
- iDRAC and Lifecycle Controller Troubleshooting
- Diagnostics and Hardware Options
- At the Box Management
- Trusted Platform Module
- iDRAC9 Security
- Boot Guard
- BIOS/UEFI Recovery and Secure Boot/Erase
- Systems Management Basics
- OpenManage Server Administrator
- iDRAC Service Module (iSM)
- SupportAssist Enterprise
- OpenManage Essentials
- OpenManage Enterprise
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes labs exercises designed to allow practical experience for the participant.
- Power and Cooling
- iDRAC9 Dashboard and System Options
- iDRAC9 Storage and Configuration Options
- Maintenance and iDRAC Settings Options
- iDRAC Virtual Console
- Lifecycle Controller Navigation
- iDRAC Information Gathering
- System Setup Utility
- Configuring RAID Using iDRAC
- RAID Level Migration
- iDRAC Troubleshooting Tools
- Server Profile Backup and Restore
- RACADM CLI
- Embedded System Diagnostics
- Virtual AC Cycle
- OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA)
- SupportAssist Collection