The Cisco® Optical Technology Intermediate (COTI) training teaches the skills necessary to deploy a Cisco Optical Networking System (ONS) 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) network from installation to protection.
This is a Cisco Learning Services course and is delivered directly by Cisco.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is;
- System installers
- System integrators
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Solutions designers
Completion of Cisco Fundamentals of Fiber Optics Technology (FFOT)
Cisco recommends that you have the following prerequisite knowledge and skills:
- Basic knowledge of optical transport and protocols
- Basic knowledge of data network principles
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Connect to a Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP chassis using Cisco Transport Controller
- Identify node configurations according to card population
- Provision DWDM circuits using the Cisco Transport Controller
- Conduct performance monitoring, alarm verification, and fault isolation
- Provision M12 WSS in linear and M6 SMR nodes in ring topologies
- Understand configuration options for the Any Rate muxponder and crossponder
- Perform Raman amplifier initialization
- Isolate optical network issues
You learn how to perform node turn-up. The course covers three shelf types, the M12, M6, and M2. You learn to deploy linear and ring Dense Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (DWDM) topologies. The course covers multiplexer-demultiplexer cards, Erbium-doped fiber amplifier cards, Raman amplifiers, transponder cards, and the newest Cisco Any Rate muxponder and crossponder cards. These cards are used in terminal, amplifier, and reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) node configurations. You configure wavelength selective switch (WSS) linear and single-module ROADM (SMR) rings. This COTI course covers 10-gigabit unprotected circuits and 10-gigabit protection using Y-cable, optical channel transport unit-2 (OTU-2), and protection switch module (PSM) cards.