Web Application Security in C# (WASEC-C#)
Your Web application written in C# works as intended, so you are done, right? But did you consider feeding in incorrect values? 16Gbs of data? A null? An apostrophe? Negative numbers, or specifically -1 or -231? Because that’s what the bad guys will do – and the list is far from complete.
Handling security needs a healthy level of paranoia, and this is what this course provides: a strong emotional engagement by lots of hands on labs and stories from real life, all to substantially improve code hygiene. Mistakes, consequences, and best practices are our blood, sweat and tears.
The curriculum goes through the common Web application security issues following the OWASP Top Ten but goes far beyond it both in coverage and the details.All this is put in the context of C#, and extended by core programming issues, discussing security pitfalls of the C# language and .NET framework.
So that you are prepared for the forces of the dark side.
So that nothing unexpected happens.
Who should attend
C# developers working on Web applications
General C# and Web development
- Getting familiar with essential cyber security concepts
- Understanding Web application security issues
- Detailed analysis of the OWASP Top Ten elements
- Putting Web application security in the context of C#
- Going beyond the low hanging fruits
- Managing vulnerabilities in third party components
- Identify vulnerabilities and their consequences
- Learn the security best practices in C#
- Input validation approaches and principles
- Cyber security basics
- The OWASP Top Ten
- Common software security weaknesses
- Wrap up