Veritas NetBackup 9.1: Advanced Administration (NBAA91)
Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 9.1: Advanced Administration course. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, security, disaster recovery, application and database protection on physical and virtual machines, and protecting data backed up to and from the cloud.
This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, and Hadoop database backups and restores along with other modern workloads like containerized applications, Red Hat Virtualization, and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor. NetBackup APIs, Parallel Streaming Framework, Universal Shares, Bare Metal Restore, and NetBackup MSDP Cloud are also discussed in this course.
Who should attend
This course is intended for NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration and development staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup 9.1 features and functions.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancement features.
- Ensure that your NetBackup environment and data are secure using security certificates, key management services, and encryption.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication and NetBackup MSDP cloud.
- Optimize NetBackup deduplication storage and use by managing performance-enhancing features for backups and restores.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, and Hadoop databases.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Use NetBackup to protect modern workloads like containerized applications, Red Hat Virtualization, and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor.
- Protect in-cloud workloads using NetBackup and orchestrate restores of NetBackup images.
- Manage NetBackup cloud storage and cloud backups.
- Work with Veritas NetBackup APIs.
- Configure NetBackup integration with Veritas Resiliency Platform and Access Appliance 3340 (7.4.2).
- Configure and use Bare Metal Restore.
- Protect databases using NetBackup XBSA.
- Protect application data with universal shares.
- Securing Backup Data
- Improving NetBackup Performance
- Configuring and Using NetBackup MSDP Cloud
- Managing and Optimizing NetBackup Deduplication
- Protecting Application Data with Universal Shares
- Protecting Oracle Databases
- Protecting Microsoft SQL Databases
- Protecting Microsoft SharePoint
- Protecting Microsoft Exchange
- Protecting Hadoop Data Using NetBackup
- Protecting Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor Workloads
- Protecting In-cloud Workloads Using NetBackup
- Protecting Containerized Applications
- Orchestrating Restores of NetBackup Images
- Appendix A: Implementing Long Term Retention (LTR) using Veritas Access
- Appendix B: Configuring and Using Bare Metal Restore
- Appendix C: Working with Legacy Policies and Generic Application Backups
- Appendix D: Protecting Red Hat Virtualization Workloads
- Appendix E: Working with NetBackup APIs
- Appendix F: Protecting Databases Using NetBackup XBSA
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Germany: 3,100.— €
- Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water, Soft drinks
- Pastry and Sweets
- Fresh fruits
- Lunch in a nearby restaurant
* Catering information only valid for courses delivered by Fast Lane.
Time zone: Central European Summer Time (CEST) ±1 hour
Increased Lab Access Time: From now on you will be able to access the course labs for six months following the class.