Who should attend
System Administrators, Developers, Site Reliability Engineers, and IT Architects interested in managing and automating the management of a fleet of OpenShift clusters, possibly in different data centers and cloud providers.
Complete Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) and Red Hat Certified OpenShift Administrator Exam (EX280) or possess equivalent basic Kubernetes and OpenShift administration skills The following are recommended, but optional:
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration III: Scaling Kubernetes Deployments in the Enterprise (DO380) is a course teaching cluster-wide configuration, logging, and monitoring, Ansible automation with OpenShift
- Red Hat OpenShift Installation Lab (DO322) teaches you how to install OpenShift using IPI and UPI
- Understand Ansible basics, including, writing and running simple playbooks or equivalent experienc
Impact on the organization
Multicluster Management with Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus supports IT Operations and Development teams whose organizations are expanding and accelerating their Container Adoption Journeys. The curriculum enables companies to securely and consistently apply governance, security, and application placement policies across multiple Kubernetes clusters. Organizations will benefit through increased automation of cluster and application lifecycles at scale.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
Multicluster Management with Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus teaches the advanced skills required to take control of multiple OpenShift clusters using the suite of tools included with the product bundle. You will learn how to combine the capabilities and workflows of Advanced Cluster Manager with Advanced Cluster Security and Quay Enterprise to automate and validate deployment of infrastructure and application security.
Enhance container management capabilities with automation, governance, and security across clusters.
Multicluster Management with Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus teaches the skills required to maintain a diverse portfolio of applications, running across a fleet of OpenShift clusters. Applications follow placement rules determined by capacity and criticality; cluster configurations comply with governance and security policies; all automated according to DevOps principles.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes (RHACM) in a hub cluster
- Add a managed cluster to RHACM (configure a cluster to be managed by RHACM)
- Define and apply cluster configuration policies
- Detect and correct non-conformance to cluster configuration policies
- Visualize and compare cluster settings between different clusters
- Define and apply application placement policies
- Identify and compare application resources from multiple clusters
- Deploy Red Hat Quay in the hub cluster
- Deploy Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes (RHACS) in the hub cluster
- Integrate Red Hat Quay and RHACS with RHACM.