Detailed Course Outline
Improve command line productivity
- Run commands more efficiently by using advanced features of the Bash shell, shell scripts, and various utilities provided by Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Schedule future tasks
- Schedule commands to run in the future, either one time or on a repeating schedule.
Tune system performance
- Improve system performance by setting tuning parameters and adjusting scheduling priority of processes.
Manage SELinux security
- Protect and manage the security of a server by using SELinux.
Manage logical volumes
- Create and manage logical volumes containing file systems and swap spaces from the command line.
Access network-attached storage
- Use the NFS protocol to administer network-attached storage.
Control the boot process
- Manage the boot process to control services offered and to troubleshoot and repair problems.
Manage network security
- Control network connections to services using the system firewall and SELinux rules.
Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux on servers and virtual machines.
- Obtain, run, and manage simple, lightweight services as containers on a single Red Hat Enterprise Linux server.