This course is designed for those who require extensive access to HPE ControlPoint (CP) functionality that includes the ControlPoint interface, policy and repository definition, data analysis, and data cleanup.
Class sizes are limited to 8 to 15 participants to provide adequate individual attention under the guidance of expert HPE Software Education trainers.
Who should attend
This course is intended for those users who are responsible for the setup and initial design of ControlPoint. This includes, but is not limited to, Records Managers, senior business staff, Content Manager (CM) Power Users, and/or core project team members.
To be successful in this course, you should have the following prerequisites or knowledge.
- Knowledge of records management principles and internal business processes
- Basic knowledge of and comfort working with software; including simple keyboard and mouse skills, as well as knowledge of MS Office and other Windows-based programs
While there will be some technical discussion throughout the course, a strong technical aptitude or background is not required.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the key features and benefits of ControlPoint
- Understand and navigate the ControlPoint interface
- Create and manage Repositories, Policies, and Categories
- Create and manage the ControlPoint Security schema
- Understand and perform legacy data analysis and clean up
- Perform advanced configuration
- HPE Governance and ControlPoint – an Overview
- ControlPoint Overview
- An Overview of the ControlPoint Interface
- Training Preparation
- ControlPoint Repositories
- ControlPoint Categories
- ControlPoint Polices
- ControlPoint Security
- Legacy Data Cleanup
- Practice Quiz and Automatic Execution