Who should attend
This course is designed for system administrators who wish to plan, design, and implement cloud services for their organizations. This includes the ability understand cloud solution features, capabilities, and components offered by cloud provides at a deep level so as to design cloud and hybrid solutions for application deployment and infrastructure scenarios. Cloud architects must also evaluate, and plan for the appropriate compute, network, database, and security components to build a solution that meets the needs of their organization. In addition, they must secure, monitor, and optimize those solutions.
To ensure your success in this course you should have experience with basic client and server deployment, configuration, and use. You should also be familiar with evaluating, implementing, accessing, administering cloud services, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions. You should also have experience deploying applications to and managing applications in cloud environments. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
In this course, you will manage the design and plan the implementation of cloud architectures as needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. You will:
- Plan a cloud solutions architecture.
- Select Amazon Web Services Building Blocks.
- Select AWS infrastructure components.
- Select Rackspace Cloud features and components.
- Select Microsoft Azure features and components.
- Manage hardware requirements and constraints.
- Select operating systems for cloud solutions.
- Determine database support for applications.
- Select middleware to meet application performance requirements.
- Determine licensing requirements for cloud services.
- Protect business continuity.
- Secure data with encryption.
- Secure access to cloud services.
- Secure data in transit and at rest.
- Monitor security.
- Manage volume.
- Manage the application experience.
- Manage business requirements for cloud solutions.
- Planning a Cloud Solution Architecture
- Selecting Amazon Web Services Building Blocks
- Selecting AWS Infrastructure Components
- Selecting Rackspace Cloud Features and Components
- Selecting Microsoft Azure Features and Components
- Managing Hardware Requirements and Constraints
- Selecting Operating Systems for Cloud Solutions
- Determining Database Support for Applications
- Selecting Middleware to Meet Application Performance Requirements
- Determining Licensing Requirements for Cloud Services
- Protecting Business Continuity
- Securing Data with Encryption
- Securing Access to Cloud Services
- Securing Data in Transit and at Rest
- Monitoring Security
- Managing Volume
- Managing the Application Experience
- Managing Business Requirements for Cloud Solutions