This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2016 product features and tools related to developing a database.
This course replaces.
This was retired by Microsoft on 31 December 2021 and is now offered by Fast Lane as a workshop with the same curriculum. You will receive a textbook as supplemental material.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2016 product features and technologies for implementing a database.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who are developers from other product platforms looking to become skilled in the implementation of a SQL Server 2016 database.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and Implement Tables.
- Describe advanced table designs
- Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
- Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
- Design and Implement Views.
- Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
- Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and Implement In-Memory Tables.
- Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
- Store and Query XML Data.
- Work with Spatial Data.
- Store and Query Blobs and Text Documents.
- Introduction to Database Development
- Designing and Implementing Tables
- Advanced Table Designs
- Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Introduction to Indexes
- Designing Optimized Index Strategies
- Columnstore Indexes
- Designing and Implementing Views
- Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
- Using In-Memory Tables
- Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying Spatial Data in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
- SQL Server Concurrency
- Performance and Monitoring