Junos Subscriber Management (JSM)
This course is intended for network administrators who configure and administer subscriber management features on MX routers running the Junos OS.
- A strong base of networking fundamentals;
- A high-level understanding of broadband access concepts;
- Experience and familiarity with the Junos OS;
- Familiarity with the Junos command-line interface (CLI); and
- Completion of the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course.
- Describe the fundamentals of subscriber management on a device running the Junos OS, including broadband access design concepts, hardware and software requirements, and configuration components.
- Configure subscriber AAA.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot extended DHCP local server, extended DHCP relay agent, and DHCP relay proxy mode.
- Configure dynamic Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) for subscriber access.
- Configure subscriber addressing.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot dynamic profiles.
- List predefined Junos variables used in subscriber management.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot static and dynamic virtual LANs (VLANs).
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot static and dynamic subscriber interfaces.
- Describe Layer 2 and Layer 3 Wholesale Services.
- Configure and implement Layer 2 and Layer 3 wholesale services.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot dynamic firewall services.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot subscriber CoS.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot dynamic multicast services.
This three-day course is designed to provide you with the knowledge required to configure and manage subscriber management on devices running the Junos operating system. This course focuses on the main configuration components of subscriber management, including subscriber authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) local server and DHCP relay/proxy agent, the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), subscriber addressing, dynamic profiles, subscriber interfaces, Layer 3 and Layer 2 wholesale services, dynamic firewall services, subscriber class of service (CoS), and dynamic multicast services.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting subscriber management features on MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers running the Junos OS.
This course is based on the Junos OS Release 11.2R1.10.