Advanced Junos Service Provider Routing (AJSPR)
- Individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Layer 3 components of a service provider’s network.
- Describe the various OSPF link-state advertisement (LSA) types.
- Explain the flooding of LSAs in an OSPF network.
- Describe the shortest-path-first (SPF) algorithm.
- List key differences between OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.
- Describe and configure OSPF area types and operations.
- Summarize and restrict routes.
- Identify scenarios in a service provider network that can be solved using routing policy or specific configuration options.
- Configure, monitor, and explain the concepts and operation of IS-IS.
- Describe various IS-IS link-state protocol data unit (LSP) types.
- List IS-IS adjacency rules and troubleshoot common adjacency issues.
- Display and interpret the link-state database (LSDB).
- Perform advanced IS-IS configuration options.
- Implement IS-IS routing policy.
- Explain the default operation in multiarea IS-IS.
- Describe IS-IS address summarization methods.
- Configure and monitor a multiarea IS-IS network.
- Describe basic BGP operation and list common BGP attributes.
- Explain the route selection process for BGP and how to alter it.
- Configure some advanced options for BGP peers.
- Manipulate BGP attributes using routing policy.
- Explain the causes for route instability.
- Describe the effect of damping on BGP routing.
- Explain the default behavior of damping on links.
- Control damping using routing policy.
- View damped routes using command-line interface (CLI) commands.
- Describe the operation of BGP route reflection.
- Configure a route reflector.
- Describe the operation of a BGP confederation.
- Configure confederations.
- Describe peering relationships in a confederation.
This is an advanced-level course that will provide you with detailed knowledge of OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, and routing policy. After completion of this course, you will gain experience in monitoring and configuring the Junos operating system and in device and protocol operations. This course includes hands-on labs and demonstrations and is based on the Junos OS Release 10.3R1.9.