Implementing Cisco Multicast (MCAST)
Who should attend
- network professionals including System Engineers (SEs)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Work experience and configuration skills for Cisco routers and LAN switches
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX) or Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
- Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE)
The Implementing Cisco Multicast (MCAST) v2.0 course is a five-day instructor-led course covering the fundamentals of IP multicasting, which includes multicast applications, sources, receivers, group management, and IP multicast routing protocols (such as Protocol Independent Multicast, PIM) used within a single administrative domain (intradomain). The issues of switched LAN environments and reliable IP multicasting are covered as well. The course provides technical solutions for simple deployments of IP multicast within a provider or customer network. The curriculum provides the configuration and troubleshooting guidelines for implementation of IP multicast on Cisco routers. The labs provide students with the hands-on experience needed to successfully deploy IP multicast.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: IP Multicast Concepts and Technologies
- Module 2: Multicast on the LAN
- Module 3: PIM Sparse Mode
- Module 4: Rendezvous Point Engineering
- Module 5: PIM Sparse Mode Protocol Extensions
- Module 6: Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP
- Module 7: Interdomain IP Multicast
- Module 8: IP Multicast Security
- Module 9: Multicast Optimization and High Availability Features
- Module 10: Applications of Multicast
International guaranteed dates
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX course options.
Time zone: Europe/London guaranteed date!
Time zone: Europe/Warsaw