NetWorker Integration Workshop (MR-1CN-NWIW)
This course is intended for application and backup administrators looking for a deeper understanding of NetWorker integration with specific applications and hardware components.
To best understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase or skill set. The student should have an understanding of :
- Microsoft SQL
- VMware vSphere
- Oracle databases
- SAP and BRTools
- EMC NetWorker
- Network administration in a TCP/IP environment
- Microsoft Windows
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Configure NetWorker servers, storage node, and clients following bestpractices.
- Configure and perform backup and recovery of file system and application data.
- Understand best practices for integrating NetWorker with Data Domain
This course focuses on integrating EMC Networker with EMC Data Domain, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, DB2, SAP and VMware for backup and recovery. Operational best practices will be provided with a focus on configuring and performing backup and recovery of the listed applications. This course provides participants with hands-on labs to reinforce the training on how to configure backup and recovery of SQL, Oracle, and VMware as well as integration with Data Domain within a NetWorker backup environment.
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
Module 1: NetWorker Overview
- Lesson1: NetWorker Architectural Review
- Lesson2: NetWorker Devices
- Lesson3: NetWorker Resource Configuration Best Practices
- Lesson4: Backup and Recovery Operations
- Lab 1: Performing NetWorker File Backup and Recovery
Module 2: Data DomainOverview
- Lesson1: Data Domain Features and Capabilities
- Lesson2: Data Domain Administration Review
- Lesson3: Data Domain Replication
Module 3: NetWorker Integration with Data Domain
- Lesson1: NetWorker to DD Integration and Use Cases
- Lesson2: Configuring NetWorker Integration with Data Domain
- Lab 3: Configure Data Domain in NetWorker Environment
Module 4:NetWorker Integration with Microsoft SQL
- Lesson1: SQL and NetWorker Module for Microsoft Overview
- Lesson2: NetWorker Integration with Microsoft SQL VSS
- Lesson3: NetWorker Integration with Microsoft SQL VDI
- Lab 4: Microsoft SQL Backup and Recovery