Discover an innovative, scale-out strategy for protecting your data on-premise or in the cloud with Commvault HyperScale™ Technology. This self-paced training introduces the multi-node Hyperscale appliance, its network architecture, and how it works with Commvault's most powerful components: the CommServe Server and MediaAgent. You'll learn how Commvault safeguards and manages protected data with disk, cloud, and tape storage targets, and explore how Commvault deduplication works; including HyperScale™ Partitioned Deduplication. Demos are included to teach you about the Commvault Command Center™ with emphasis on server administrative tasks, plans, and both file system and virtualization solutions. Lastly, you'll learn how to monitor the CommCell environment with troubleshooting techniques and HyperScale storage centric views using the Commvault Command Center™.
This course is intended for operations and administration personnel who are new to Commvault software and oversee day-to-day administration and management of Commvault HyperScale™ Technology.
Upon completion of this self-paced training you will be able to:
- Identify the Commvault HyperScale™ architecture.
- Comprehend the concepts of Commvault's Next Generation Platform and its components: CommServe server and MediaAgent.
- Configure Commvault® software storage capabilities including disk, cloud, and tape storage targets, as well as Deduplication.
- Perform the initial configuration of the HyperScale Appliance and setup the Commvault Command Center™.
- Perform common administrative tasks, create a server plan and secondary copies.
- Add the File Server Solution and recover a file.
- Configure the Virtual Server Agent, run backups, and recover files.
- Use monitoring tools, such as HyperScale Centric Views to check the CommCell environment.