Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Fast-Cache Application Development Exam
Who should attend
This exam is designed for Java application developers who use JBoss Data Grid.
- Be familiar with using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Development (JB453) or have strong project experience using JBoss Data Grid APIs and development-related skills (marshaling, security, query, etc.)
Not sure if you have the correct skill-set knowledge? Find out by passing the online skills assessment.
The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Fast-Cache Application Development exam (EX453) tests your skills and knowledge to create, update, and maintain applications using Red Hat JBoss Data Grid from a developer perspective. The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Fast-Cache Application Development exam is a performance-based exam.
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam.
Using Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 6.4 and Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio, you should be able to accomplish the tasks below without assistance. The tasks have been grouped into categories to assist your preparation.
Programmatic cache configuration
- Use the ConfigurationBuilder to create caches programmatically
- Programmatically create a CacheManager and replicated cache
- Create a customized cache using the default named cache
- Create a customized cache using a non-default named cache
- Understand runtime configuration files
- Use the JBoss Data Grid APIs to interact with the cache
- Understand the per-invocation flag
- Understand the AdvancedCache interface
Mapping domain objects to the index structure
- Define basic mapping
- Map embedded and associated objects
- Understand boosting
- Understand and set up analyzers
- Understand bridges
Query with Lucene
- Build queries
- Build a Lucene query
- Build a query with Infinispan Query
- Retrieve query results
- Understand performance considerations
- Define and implement a filter
- Write fuzzy and wildcards queries
Perform remote queries via the Hot Rod client APIs
- Understand protobuf encoding
- Store protobuf-encoded entities
- Understand and define protobuf messages
- Use protobuf with Hot Rod
- Register per entity marshallers
- Index protobuf-encoded entities
- Index custom fields with protobuf
- Create queries with infinispan query DSL
- Enable infinispan DSL-based queries
- Run infinispan DSL-based queries
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid security
- Understand permissions
- Understand role mapping
- Understand and read authentication and role configurations in JBoss EAP login modules
- Understand and read JBoss Data Grid for authentication
- Configure data security for library mode
- Configure client to connect to a remote secured cache
- Be able to read and understand security-related configuration in standalone.xml. (Hot Rod Interface Security, Realms, etc.)
- Understand user authentication over Hot Rod Using SASL
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Individual Exam KIOSK
Price (excl. tax)
- 515.- €
Subscription duration: 365 days