Who should attend
This course is designed for personnel planning to work with the Commvault VSA.
- Core Fundamentals
- Implementation and Management
Upon completion of this course the learner will be able to perform the following key tasks:
- Describe the concepts of virtual environment protection using various agents
- Define the VSA and how to deploy it to protect both VMware and Hyper-V environments
- Compare and contrast the different VMware transport modes used to protect virtual machines
- Define how the VSA uses a coordination and VM load distribution process to ensure maximum backup performance
- Understand agent-based protection for virtual machines
- Describe how IntelliSnap® Technology is used to protect virtual environments
- Browse and recover virtual machines, virtual disks, and data within virtual machines
Research in-depth concepts, design considerations, and various strategies for protecting and configuring both VMware® and Microsoft® virtual environments. This course is comprised of two parts. The first part provides administrators with practical instruction for using Commvault's Virtual Server Agent (VSA), IntelliSnap® Technology, and traditional agents to provide a comprehensive protection strategy.
The second part of this course delves into VSA configuration for both VMware and Hyper-V environments. It provides administrators with practical instruction on configuring instances, backup sets, and subclients, as well as proper procedures for backing up and recovering entire virtual machines, volumes, and individual files and folders.
Single User - 90 Day Access