This one-day course teaches you how to use the VMware Carbon Black® App Control™ product and leverage the capabilities to configure and maintain the system according to their organization’s security posture and organizational policies. This course provides an in-depth, technical understanding of the Carbon Black App Control product through comprehensive coursework and hands-on scenario-based labs.
- VMware Carbon Black App Control
Who should attend
System administrators, security operations personnel including analyst and managers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the components and capabilities of application control
- Manage and configure the Carbon Black App Control server based on organizational requirements
- Create policies to control enforcement levels and agent functionality
- Implement rules to support the organization’s security posture
- Use the Carbon Black App Control tools to understand agent and server data
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Login Accounts and Groups
- User accounts
- User roles
- Modes and Enforcement Levels
- Rule sets
- Agent side display notification use
- View agent information
- Related views
Local Approval Timed Policy Override
- Use case and functionality
- Methods and use cases
- Rule type and use cases
- Meters and Alerts
- Agent and server events
- Changes in a baseline
This Advanced course is delivered directly by VMware.