- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Talent Programs»
- Fast Lane IT Workshops»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Data Center
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Kubernetes / Container
- Network Analysis / Wireshark
- Wireless & Mobility
Symantec Endpoint Security Planning, Implementation, and Administration R1 (SEPIA)
The Symantec Endpoint Security (SES) Planning, Implementation, and Administration course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional in a Security Operations position tasked with the day-to-day operation of a SES cloud-based endpoint security environment. This course focuses on the SES enterprise workstation protection capabilities utilizing the new cloud management console.
Who should attend
The SES Planning, Implementation, and Administration course is intended for IT and system administration professionals who are charged with managing and monitoring Symantec Endpoint Protection endpoints.
This course assumes that students have a basic understanding of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking and Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of using a cloud-based environment for endpoint protection.
- Secure endpoints against network, file based, and emerging threats.
- Control endpoint integrity and compliance.
- Respond to security threats using SEP monitoring and reporting.
- Enforce adaptive security compliance
Module 1: Control endpoint protection from the cloud
- This module describes the benefits a SES customer achieves using a cloud-based solution for managing endpoint security.
Module 2: Maintain Security on all endpoints
- This module details the tools and methods used to identify unmanaged endpoints and enroll them in the cloud management platform. The module also talks about how to maintain healthy endpoints once enrolled.
Module 3: Protect endpoints against each phase of the attack chain
- This module covers the MITRE ATT&CK model and shows how SES provides security controls for each phase of the attack chain.
Module 4: Respond to security threats
- This module provides tools and methods to investigate and respond to attacks on the endpoint.
Module 5: Provide a recommended response for evolving and emerging threats
- This module discusses the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to defend against emerging threats through automated workflows and suggestions.
Module 6: Identify threats and systems involved in a Security Incident
- This module shows how to analyze threats and gain insight on past events to strengthen a security posture.
Module 7: Monitor change management for security controls
- This module describes key features to control and organize policy changes in the environment.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date