This course is aimed at IT professionals who want to increase their knowledge of managing their Microsoft licences (assets), use them more effectively and remain compliant. The course is designed to help participants improve their IT processes, enable effective and secure use of their Microsoft software in accordance with Microsoft Licensing Terms and Conditions.
- Are you confident about licensing Microsoft products?
- Do you know what tools are available to you to manage these licences?
- Do you know the basics of software asset management?
Participants gain in-depth knowledge of Microsoft licensing rights, learn to train their employees and IT staff to follow terms and conditions and develop an understanding of compliance.
In addition to Microsoft licensing, the main focus of this seminar is on the areas of SAM tools and SAM processes. You can use Microsoft training vouchers (SATV - Software Assurance Training Voucher) for this course. Please ask our Sales Team for further information
Who should attend
This course is aimed at IT administrators, IT managers and IT staff with initial experience of Microsoft licensing who are directly or indirectly responsible for the use of software in complex server infrastructure, including virtualization.
Technical understanding, basic knowledge of licensing law.
- You have the latest know-how on licensing Microsoft products.
- You know the basics of software asset management.
- You know the Microsoft tools that are available to you for managing software.
Module 1: Effective licensing of your client systems with Microsoft Software
- The Microsoft licensing metrics for client software Licensing your clients
Module 2: Effective licensing of your server systems with Microsoft software
- The Microsoft licensing metrics for server software Licensing your servers
Module 3: Microsoft licence management: tools
- Software Asset Management: what data is relevant?
- How do I obtain the installation data of my Microsoft software with MAP Toolkit?
- Interpretation of technical inventory data.
Module 4: Microsoft licence management: processes
- Microsoft licence management with the help of the Volume Licensing Service Centre: Content and structure
- The essential software asset management processes for your Microsoft licences
- Roles and responsibilities in licence management.