Red Hat Openshift Migration Lab (DO326)
Migrate application workloads, including its Kubernetes resources, data, and container images, when upgrading from OpenShift 3 to 4 or from OpenShift 4.x to the latest version.
Red Hat Openshift Migration Lab (DO326) is designed for OpenShift professionals migrating workloads from legacy deployments of OpenShift Container Platform running 3.11 onto a 4.9 installation. Students will gain practical working experience with the Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC) to leverage in real-world migration scenarios.
Who should attend
- Red Hat consultants and partners responsible for customer success and who want to migrate from OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4.
- OpenShift professionals responsible for the transition of workloads onto OpenShift 4.
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- is highly recommended in order to be successful in this course.
- is suggested.
Impact on the organization
Successful migration from OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4 is a critical factor in maintaining continuity for customers with established workloads on legacy OpenShift 3. To preserve continued support and innovation, organizations must ensure a careful and precise transition of applications using Red Hat’s tools and best practices. In comparison to OpenShift 3, OpenShift 4 brings in sophisticated automation, self-service, governance, and cloud-native features that are based on Kubernetes Operators to enable a wider variety of application modernization and digital transformation efforts.
Impact on the individual
Learning to apply skills needed to migrate workloads from OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4 using the Migration Toolkit for Containers will set up students to safely and correctly complete migrations in their organizations.
Follow On Courses
- Assessing OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4 migration scenarios.
- Discussion of OpenShift 4 minor version migration scenarios.
- Deploying the Migration Toolkit for Containers.
- Migrating Persistent Volumes application data between OpenShift clusters.
- Migrating application images from the internal registry between OpenShift clusters.
- Moving Kubernetes manifests application resources between OpenShift clusters.
- Migrating Kubernetes cluster settings between OpenShift clusters.