Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes with Exam (EX180) (DO181)
Introduction to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes and OpenShift 4 cluster
Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) introduces students to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators and site reliability engineers.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8.2 and OpenShift® Container Platform 4.6.
Note on the exam:
Cancelations of the purchase: Cancelation of individual exam sessions is not allowed. Exam session fees are nonrefundable. Non-Cancelable components: No part of any Bundles that includes both non-cancelable and cancelable components may be canceled.
Who should attend
- Developers who want to containerize software applications.
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are looking to use container technologies in software architectures.
- Site Reliability Engineers who want to support their technology infrastructure using Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting. A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended but not required.
- Some experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies.
Impact on the organization
Containers and OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. Administrators and developers are seeking additional ways to improve application time-to-market and improve maintainability.
A container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, improves application reliability, scalability, decreases developer overhead, and facilitates continuous integration and continuous deployment. DO180 is the starting point for OpenShift curriculum within GLS and provides the necessary foundation before advancing to OpenShift development or administration.
This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by providing a comprehensive look at the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should gain the skills needed to perform basic tasks in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP). This includes the ability to:
- Create containerized services using Podman.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Container and OpenShift architecture
- Creating containerized services
- Managing containers and container images
- Creating custom container images
- Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploying multi-container applications