In this course, you will learn about the modern cyber threat landscape and the corresponding detection and prevention methods and a number of customer-managed and Microsoft-managed solutions that provide threat detection capabilities for on-premises workloads. You will also learn about the most prominent Microsoft-managed services that provide threat detection capabilities for hybrid and cloud-based workloads. And finally, you will step through a number of different scenarios that illustrate how these solutions respond to a number of actual cyberattacks, with description of a Microsoft-recommended comprehensive approach to implementing cybersecurity in hybrid environments.
Who should attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals that require a deeper understanding of Windows Security and to increase their knowledge level through a predominately hands-on experience with Microsoft threat detection tools for hybrid and cloud-based workloads.
This workshop is part of a larger series of Workshops offered by Microsoft on the practice of Security. While it is not required that you have completed any of the other courses in the Security Workshop series before taking this workshop, it is highly recommended that you start with the first course in the series,.
This workshop requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
In addition to their professional experience, students who take this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience with Windows Client and Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Basic experience and understanding of Windows networking technologies, to include Windows Firewall network setting, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, and cloud services concepts.
- Basic experience and understanding of Active Directory, including functions of a domain controller, sign on services, and an understanding of group policy.
- Knowledge of and relevant experience in systems administration, using Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.
Learners who take this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through practical experience as a Security Administrator, System Administrator, or a Network Administrator.
Follow On Courses
- Microsoft Security Workshop: Enterprise Security Fundamentals (MOC 40551)
- Microsoft Security Workshop: Managing Identity (MOC 40552)
- Microsoft Security Workshop: Implementing Windows 10 Security Features (MOC 40554)
- Microsoft Security Workshop: Implementing PowerShell Security Best Practices (MOC 40555)
- An Overview of the Modern Cyber Threat and Cyber Security Landscape
- Detecting Threats in On-Premises Environments
- Detecting Threats in Hybrid and Cloud Environments
- Analyzing Threat Detection Solutions in Action