In this five-day instructor-led course, IT professionals learn how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment on Server 2012, 2016, and 2019. Topics include implementing group policies and creating effective group and access structures. Other areas of focus include IT security, backup/recovery, and troubleshooting related to Active Directory. Original Microsoft Lab scenarios allow for effective and hands-on training.
This was retired by Microsoft on 31 December 2021 and is now offered by Fast Lane as a workshop with the same curriculum. You will receive a textbook as supplemental material.
Who should attend
Administrators who want to learn about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 products and IT professionals who want to consolidate their knowledge of AD DS and related technologies.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019.
- Experience with and an understanding of basic networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Understanding of basic server virtualization concepts.
- Awareness of IT security.
- Professional experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
Participants of this course will gain the necessary knowledge about the design and structure of Active Directory directory services. Through hands-on exercises, they will learn how to install, configure, manage, and maintain Active Directory domains on Windows Server 2012, Server 2016, and Server 2019, as well as learn about current developments in Microsoft identity and access technologies. After the course, students will be able to independently plan, implement Active Directory environments. Furthermore, they will be able to manage Active Directory in daily admin practice and maintain it professionally.
- Introduction to Active Directory
- Management tools and innovations in Server 2019
- Security in Active Directory environments
- Active Directory Domain Services in der Praxis
- Manage the objects for the Active Directory Domain Services
- Automatisierung der Active Directory Domain Services Administration
- Implementing Group Policy
- Managing User Settings with Group Policy
- Implement DNS
- Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
- Deploy and manage AD DS sites and replication
- Monitor, manage and recover AD DS