Cisco Wireless Troubleshooting Workshop (CWTWIFI6)
This hands-on workshop teaches troubleshooting skills specific to current Cisco wireless products.
It also teaches a variety of troubleshooting and identification methods, with a wide range of tools available to students.
In addition to the new Cisco Catalyst 9800 wireless controllers, AireOS controllers will also be covered.
Our lab is continually updated to provide you with the latest features.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at wireless LAN technicians, wireless network engineers, L1 to L3 support staff and service providers in wireless LAN projects. The course is also suitable for anyone wishing to gain CCNP Wireless certification or master wireless troubleshooting tools and methods.
Prerequisite is CCNA Wireless certification and/or basic knowledge of Routing & Switching, 802.11 Wireless, Cisco WLC, AP and Prime Infrastructure. Security knowledge is beneficial and recommended.
The course enables participants to optimize and troubleshoot enterprise wireless infrastructures.
Tools and methods for identifying and troubleshooting wireless clients (notebooks, tablets, smartphones, industrial clients, etc.) as well as wireless infrastructure (WLC, AP, AAA, PI, AD, etc.) are introduced and taught in theory and practice.
In detail, the following topics will be covered:
- Hardware and software architecture
- New Config Model
- Deployment Considerations
- Operation Monitoring
- Troubleshooting Basics
- Basics of 802.11 Wireless Frames
- Lifetime of a packet
- GUI Troubleshooting Dashboard
- Advanced Wireless Troubleshooting
- IOS-XE Tracing, Packet Capture & Packet Tracer
- Client Troubleshooting
- Embedded Packet Capture (EPC)
- Over The Air Capture
- Troubleshooting on the AP side
- CAPWAP Discovery and Join - Troubleshooting
- Intelligent Capture via DNA Center
- Anomaly Capture via DNA Center
- AAA and Security Troubleshooting
- Using Prime Infrastructure for Wireless Troubleshooting
- Using DNA Center for Wireless Troubleshooting
- QOS Troubleshooting
- Third-party tools for analysis and troubleshooting
Identify Common Troubleshooting
- Network troubleshooting methods
- Network troubleshooting tools and resources
Identifying Wireless Infrastructure Issues
- Troubleshooting client connectivity problems
- Troubleshooting client performance problems
Identifying Core Wireless Infrastructure Issues
- Troubleshooting AP-to-controller problems
- Troubleshooting wired infrastructure problems
- Troubleshooting Cisco FlexConnect
Identifying Wireless Security Issues
- Troubleshooting Client Authentication Issues
- Troubleshooting Guest Access Problems
- Troubleshooting RF-related security threat issues
Duration 4 days
Price (excl. tax)
- 2,990.— €
Time zone Central European Summer Time (CEST)
Currently no local training dates available. Request a date